Apr 9, 2015

French Nipple Twisters

They're here!!!!

My French Nipple Twisters!!!

I can't wait to try them out! My fingers get exhausted and sore when I do it by hand. These will be a lifesaver!

I'm in the middle of a scarf I'm making with mmmmmMalabrigo. It makes such wonderfully soft scarves. This will be a perfect one to test out my new Leclerc Fringe Twister.

I've got another scarf warped in a houndstooth pattern (I got it right this time!). One yarn is a gold Malabrigo sock yarn; the other is a variegated striping sock yarn in desert colors. The colors aren't working in the pattern like I envisioned in my head but I like how it's turning out.

The scarf ended up being 68-inches-long and 8-inches-wide (96 ends). Nice!

Time for the French Nipple Twister!!
Load up your pinchers.

It took me a couple of times to figure out the nuances of this gadget. It sent a thrill up my leg once I got a good rhythm going.
Get it good and kinky.

See...
First you've got to load up your pinchers. I just did one per clamp this time. Be sure the fringe is about the same length.

Then you twist. Twist it good. Twist it real good!! You want it good and kinky!!!

Once I got it good and kinky, I carefully removed two of the strands. Now the fun part... try to tie a not in the two kinky strands without losing your twist. It reminded me of trying to tie a knot in an inflated balloon.

After knotting it, just let the twisted strands pop back and twist upon themselves.

Instant fringe!

I ran my fingers down each fringe piece to straighten out the curl.

It took less than half the time if I had done this totally by hand and my fingers weren't ready to fall off either!!

It's a wonderful investment!

And...Voila!!! My French Nipple Twisted Scarf!!






No comments:

Post a Comment