Mar 21, 2015

One Ringy Dingy!

Original Cricket design with interior ratchet.
Keep your fingers crossed! I rang up Schacht Friday to ask about retrofitting my Cricket 10-inch. They are super nice and helpful!!!

My mom "regifted" the Schacht 10-inch Cricket Loom she bought about 5 years ago to me at Christmas. I was thrilled!!! This Cricket is the original design with the ratchet on the inside at the back beam. It gets in the way when you warp every slot of the heddle. If you're not careful, it eat s your warp edge. That's bad!!! Really bad. I truly think that's why I'm having trouble with my tension. I have a tendency to warp wide and every slot.

Wide and long. Scarves! Get your mind out of the gutter!! :)

Revised Cricket design with exterior ratchet.
When I called Schacht, she said they've had that question before but the person I should talk to was out. She promised to call me back with an answer. WOW! I can't wait to hear. I've got my fingers crossed there is a solution on how to retrofit – somehow move the ratchet to the outside.

I know I'm already thinking about a bigger loom but I like the size of this one. It's perfect for scarves. So I'd like to be able to use it better and without the tension problem.

Stay tuned. I'll let you know what I find out.


No comments:

Post a Comment